In this Covid-19 pandemic situation, Healthcare Industry requires huge supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Patient Apparel, Bed and Bath Linens, etc. HY Supplies Inc. is always here to support you in this situation.
Apart from Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Bed Linen Collections plays an important role in Hospitals, Nursing Home Care, Senior Care and Assisted Living, Medical Spa, Chiropractic Centers, and Medical Centers, etc.
In this article, we are going to talk about how to choose the Bed Sheets with Knitted for your Hospitals or some care homes beds which gives comfort and a great feel for patients.
In the marketplace, there are hundreds of types and brands of Bed Covers available in distinct variety, designs, shapes, and sizes. The different types of fabric quality and cost vary widely for Healthcare Industries. From those, you have to choose the perfect Hospital Bed Sheets for your patients which is to be contacted with their skin for many hours. To do so, it is essential to know some of the factors before selecting the right sheets.
- Thread Count: Any fabric with crisscrossed treads, the measures of the number of threads per inch in both directions is known as Thread Count. For Ex. the thread count of 300 means 150 horizontal and 150 vertical threads. Bed Sheets with lower thread count are less expensive compared to higher thread count. Higher the thread count will be more durable and give a comfortable and soft feel while resting on Beds. Usually, Healthcare Industry has Bed Covers with T130 which are considered as standard purchase benefits of low cost and durable after many no of washes. Nursing Home Care will prefer to buy higher thread count Bed Sheets for their Beds for additional comfort.
- Fabric Quality: Hospitals prefer to buy Bed Covers made of Pure Cotton or a blend of Cotton and Polyester. Synthetic Fabric-like Nylon and Acrylic are not often used by Healthcare Industries because of its less resistant and easy pilling after wash. Cotton and Cotton blend Bed Covers are much durable, withstand for more no of washes, and can dry at high temperature. These types of fabric are soft and breathable, give better comfort while sleeping. Fabric with Bamboo and Rayon mix is more expensive than Cotton fabric which is highly used in Home Healthcare.
- Variety of Sheets: Healthcare Bed Sheets are available in different types like Draw Sheet, Flat Sheet, Fitted Sheet, Knitted Sheets, etc. Draw Sheets is half the size of Bed Sheets placed crosswise over the middle of the Mattress to cover the area of the patient's upper back and thighs. It is made of plastic, cotton, polyester often used by Medical professionals to move patients. Flat Sheets is the rectangular and simple piece of cloth also known as top sheet or non-fitted sheets which folds easily and lies flat on any surface. Fitted Sheets tend to have elasticated corners which have been designed so that it can be pulled over the mattress. A fitted sheet has elastic on its edge to fit with the mattress. It is also known as a bottom sheet. Knitted Sheets can be stretch, which makes them less likely to untuck or come loose when adjustable hospital beds are moved up and down. A fitted knitted sheet is an excellent option in this scenario.
- Size of Sheets: Selecting the appropriate sheets for your Bed is very important. Undersize sheets will easily become loose when raising or lowering the adjustable Hospital Beds. A loose sheet will give discomfort to patients. Pay attention to the size and thickness of the Mattress, Oversized sheets can cause stumble and slipping hazards.
- Colors: You can choose from a wide variety of color-codes based on the Hospital Needs.
Some of Our Other Healthcare Textiles includes,
- Isolation Gowns / Barrier Gowns / Fluid Resistance Gowns
- Hyperbaric Linen Supplies
- Patient Gowns
- Hospital Scrubs
- Doctors Coat
- Incontinent Reusable Underpads
- Terry Bibs
- Fenestrated & Solid Drapes
- Bed & Bath Linens
To know more about the Hospital Bed Sheets and choose the most suitable Bed Equipment at the lower price contact HY Supplies Inc.